Monday, September 12, 2011

Philippine Planetariums

When I was in grade 3 at Baguio city, I remember the mobile planetarium that visited our school. This is one of the thing that fostered my interest for astronomy. Planetarium shows are wonderful, for kids and adults alike. Here is a list of the planetarium's I know of in the Philippines (except for the mobile one whose name I could not recall):

The Manila Planetarium/National Museum Planetarium
















PAGASA Planetarium














SkyXplore SpaceDome Planetarium















Digistar Planetarium

Mayon Planetarium and Science Park

2 comments:

Rae said...

When I came across the Skyxplore site, I originally thought that the mobile planetarium that visited my school back when I was in Elementary (around 10 years ago or so) was SKYXPLORE, however, now that I see the history behind it, I find that skyxplore has just started operations around 2 years ago.

What was the mobile planetarium that visited schools before Skyxplore came into existence?? (yet used similar equipment)

norman marigza said...

I could seriously recall that as well during my elementary days.. It was part of what fostered my interest for astronomy.. Unfortunately, I could no longer determine what group provided that service to schools..